Side by Side Comparison of: Family Care vs UEC
eComparisons ScoreThe "Comparison Score" Is calculated based on the average number of times this item was compared with other items in this category by our users
User Rating (Amazon)
User Rating (Amazon)
Five Star Reviews:
June 5, 2016
I was experiencing lots of dryness on both my feet, so dry it would itch a little at times..
I began using this product and I have noticed a 98% healing on one tube; since I bought a 3 pack, I guess no worries!
This product can also be used with excellent results on almost all types of skin irritations. DO NOT TRY it near the eyes though.
A shirt gave me a little under arm irritation and this product was a true miracle.
Considering its cost in compare with similar products, I recommend it highly.
Works just fine
May 30, 2016
This stuff worked for my tinea outbreak as long as I applied it regularly and controlled my sweating (I used a tea tree body powder for feet to keep dry). The price is very low compared to other types of creams for fungus, which is great.
The smell is pretty medicinal, and it will get your clothes a little white. I have had success using this with powders and selsun shampoo washes. Just try to keep dry and cool and patient.
Step 2 in our Athlete's Foot program
December 6, 2015
*Editing now that I have a fully fleshed out set of products to clear up athlete's foot.*I have three boys who are all active in sports and the two in middle school also are required to use the locker room which is just a breeding ground for athletes feet. The clotrimazole works well in conjunction with good washing and drying habits. We've also added a few more products to our arsenal in the war on Athlete's Foot.The biggest hurdle is just getting the boys to remember to use it until their feet are completely fungus free! We use Artnaturals Antifungal Soap with Tea Tree Oil - 100% Natural Best Foot and Body Wash 12 Oz, Helps with Nail Fungus, Athletes Foot, Ringworm, Jock Itch & Body Odor - Kills Bacteria & Relieves Itching to clean and then they dry their feet and toes really good. Next is the Clotrimazole and finally when they put their socks or shoes on in the morning before school they use Zeasorb Antifungal Treatment Powder, Athletes Foot, 2.5oz. Lastly I use Natural Shoe Deodorizer, Foot Deodorant Spray for Athletes. Removes Odor, Stink From Bacteria. Mint Spray Freshens Better Than Powders, Antiperspirants, Insoles, Sneaker Balls. Use on Feet and Shoes. in their shoes/shoe boxes to keep the front room smelling like sweaty boy shoes. Together these products make a killing team!
Perfect for Diaper Rash
September 7, 2015
I was very thankful to find so many tubs of this together as we use this for our daughters diaper rash. Yes that is right I said diaper rash. A combination of Neosporin and Clotrimazole antifungal medicine works absolutely amazing for a nasty case of diaper rash. Very thankful our DR recommended this as it works ten times than any prescription. I cannot rate it based off of anything else as this is all we have used it for, but please share with any desperate momma you know because this truly works miracles on our sweet princess' booty. In less than 12 hours you will see an amazing difference and it only takes a small amount!
Very good for Tinea Versicolor
July 17, 2015
I had been trying everything to get rid of the tinea versicolor rash that covered large areas of my torso. Went to the doctors multiple times over the years. Usually was given an oral anti fungal, seemed to always be a temporary fix. Rash would come back within a couple weeks or a month at most. Tried many different lotions as well and none of them helped in any way. Decided to give Clotrimazole a try, it worked very well. Rash was gone within a week and hasn't returned in over two months.
At a fraction of the name brand, better than store brands
May 24, 2017
I'm not sure about the strength of the active ingredients, but I'm assuming even a generic product has to do some testing. This one is at a fraction of the cost of the name brand, and it really feels similar, not oily and watery like the store brands.
Good Stuff! takes care of foot scratch
November 23, 2016
Good Stuff! takes care of foot scratch, butt scratch, Skin itches. But find the cause of your skin irritation rather than medicate anyway.
September 25, 2016
This stuff worked like a charm at a fraction of the price (6 tubes for basically the price of one) you would pay in the drug store. Just reordered and I recommend.
June 5, 2016
way cheaper than in stores I received 6 tubes and only needed 1 but that's good and my problem was cured in 4 days yes I recommend this product highly
I love it!
October 10, 2013
If I could, I would give this product 10 stars (out of 5). It is inexpensive, although it works great! It took me a few days of night and morning applications (I used moisturizing socks at night with it) to solve my problem. I am so happy now! It's absorbing very well, so when I put it on in the morning after I wake up and put on my moisturizing socks, it takes a few minutes while I am wandering around doing my morning routine for it to absorb. It is recommended to be used for a couple weeks, but you see, it may help faster. It's a great buy!
Four Star Reviews:
Your Anti-Fungal Options
May 7, 2016
There are many different kinds of fungi and there is no one product that kills all of them. Any statements about "this product worked for me" are almost worthless. What works for my fungus may not work for your fungus. This is not a reflection on the quality of the product. It is only a reflection of the fact that you and I have different types of fungus. The best that I can do is to tell you about some different things to try for your particular fungus. 1% Clotrimazole is a good place to start. If that does not work, then try a stronger anti-fungal (2% Clotrimazole) or try a different type of anti-fungal.
Below are some of your options. All OTC products mentioned below were available on Amazon as of 5/17/2016.
Creams and Gels
- You can buy 1% Tolnaftate cream here: Tinactin or Family Care Tolnaftate Cream.
- You can buy 1% Clotrimazole cream here: Family Care Clotrimazole Anti Fungal Cream, 1%.
- You can buy 2% Clotrimazole cream here: Clotrimazole 3-Day Vaginal Cream.
- You can buy 1% Terbinafine (Lamisil) cream here: Equate Athlete's Foot Terbinafine HCl.
- You can buy 1% Terbinafine (Lamisil) gel here: Lamisil Once. Supposedly it forms an invisible film that "allows the active ingredient to continuously fight the fungal infection over an extended period of days".
- You can buy 2% Miconazole Nitrate cream here: Monistat 7 Vaginal Antifungal Cream or you can look for generic Miconazole Nitrate.
- You can buy 4% Miconazole Nitrate cream here: Monistat 3 Vaginal Antifungal Cream.
- You can buy 6.5% Tioconazole cream here: Monistat 1 Vaginal Antifungal Cream.
- You need a prescription for things like: 2% Ketoconazole and 0.8% Terconazole. If the above products do not clear your problem up right away, you should go see your doctor. There are more effective (broader spectrum) anti-fungal creams. Your problem may not even be a fungal one.
Powders -- Powder helps to keep the area dry. Fungus grows in warm, moist areas. Do not put powder on areas that are supposed to be warm and moist.
- You can buy 1% Tolnaftate powder here: Tinactin Antifungal Powder.
- You can buy 2% Miconazole Nitrate powder here: Zeasorb, Desenex, or Lotrimin Antifungal Powder or you can look for a generic Miconazole powder.
- You can buy 1% Ketoconazole spray here: Ketohex Spray. Note that this is FOR PETS. Use it on humans at your own risk. This also contains 2% Chlorhexidine which is an anti-bacterial. I find that this product is easy to apply in areas where creams and powders are particularly difficult to apply. It also seems to be pretty effective.
Soaps and Shampoos
- You can buy 1% Ketoconazole shampoo here: Nizoral AntiDandruff Shampoo. The problem is that you wash it off right after you put it on. Supposedly it adheres to hair and is more effective on hairy areas.
Tea Tree Oil
- You can buy various liquids, creams, soaps, and shampoos with Tea Tree Oil (a natural anti-fungal). The ones that I have tried have been somewhat harsh on the skin -- drying and irritating.
Pills and Capsules
- You need a prescription for things like: Terbinafine, Itraconazole, or Fluconazole capsules. If topical treatments are not working, you may need a systemic medication. Long before you get to this point, you should be talking to your doctor. This is only mentioned here so that you can ask your doctor about it if he/she has not already mentioned the possibility of a systemic.
- Often topical anti-fungals do not work on problems with the fingernails and/or toenails. The fungus is too deep for a topical anti-fungal to get at it. An oral antifungal like Terbinafine (Lamisil), Itraconazole (Sporanox), or Fluconazole (Diflucan) can often take care of the problem. Itraxonazole worked for me. Take a pill once a month for 3 months and all of your nails start clearing up. It may take many months for a new healthy nail to grow in place. All of these require a prescription. Talk to your doctor.
- Go see your doctor. I am not a doctor, and I am not offering you any medical advice.
- Read the warning label and follow the instructions on the box.
- Wikipedia has pretty good information on the various anti-fungal medications (Clotrimazole, Miconazole, Terbinafine, etc.). Read about it before you use it.
- 2% cream is 2% cream. If you are a jock and you are embarrassed about using a "vaginal cream", put a piece of black tape over the word "vaginal".
- Keep applying the medication after the problem appears to have gone away, as stated in the directions. Otherwise, it will likely come back.
- Talk to your doctor about a maintenance plan to keep any new infections away.
- There are many types of fungi. There is not one anti-fungal product that kills all fungi. In general, prescription products kill a broader range of fungi than OTC products.
- Look for a cheaper generic product. 1% Clotrimazole is 1% Clotrimazole.
It helps to heal
February 20, 2016
Got this for my dad. Once in a while he gets fungal infections on his upper arms and back and he said this product helos in healing them fast. They dont smell nor sting and he only needs a very small amount to cover the affected area so this will last him a long time. Price is a good deal too.
November 19, 2015
Works well for fungal infection. Got rid of mine in a couple of weeks.
first product to actually work for me
November 17, 2015
I'm currently using this to fight a tinea versicolor rash that I have had for a while. I tried a different anti fungal product that did NOTHING. I am finally starting to see improvement and my skin is returning to a normal color.
Please be aware that you need to make lifestyle changes while using this product. If you work out a lot, get out of those sweaty clothes and wash with an antimicrobial soap ASAP. Don't sit in sweaty gym clothes excessively. If you're someone who sweats excessively, you might want to consult a doctor.
Great price for this much quantity.
December 13, 2014
Great price for this much quantity, and delivered. Formulation seems to work on a par with Lotrimin, though I've only used it once, so far. Washes off hands easily, like Lotrimin. My burnin' nads thank you.
Economy choice without compromise.
September 7, 2017
Medicine works as advertised, and good price.
6 pack too many though. How about 3 pack?
July 19, 2017
Great product for dry rough skin. The product is for foot fungus but I use it for rough skin and it works great. It is not as smooth of a lotion as another name brand which is several times more costly but it does the work fine.
Good value. Works like same stuff in CVS
March 16, 2017
Good value. Works like same stuff in CVS.
August 31, 2016
don't love inanimate things much, but I love my foot not itching so much anymore
Good stuff. Got ride rid of a foot fungus ...
September 6, 2015
Good stuff. Got ride rid of a foot fungus that resisted other creams.
Three Star Reviews:
I would choose UMF Manuka honey or silvercell aintibacterial instead
January 30, 2017
Okay product. It worked well after 2 weeks of daily use but didn't work on many other family rashes! Although silvercell, some Chinese ointment works wonders in little time. Bacteria won't grown orblivd in Manuka honey
No noticeable difference
December 14, 2016
Have not noticed much difference, though I am unsure if my actual issue was jock itch or dry skin. I did notice that it seems to make it itchier when first put on due to it adding moisture to the area.
Does not work great.
September 22, 2016
I purchased this at a regular price with no discount and unfortunately it did not work for me. Been using for more than a month but nothing happens. The only thing that works to clear up my neck was the prescription I got from my doctor. The product did not cause any irritation though so it's good.
4 weeks, twice a day treatment.
July 9, 2015
The price is great. My thought when I saw these in the Amazon store was, "Wow! This is less than the price of one tube of name brand stuff in the stores!" Well the reason for that is that this medication is the 4-week kind. Tinactin and Lotrimin allow for 2 weeks of use if used twice a day to treat athlete's foot. This medication needs to be used twice a day for 4 weeks, so you basically need at least 2 tubes of the three to treat the basic condition. The extra tube is nice to have on hand. If you're OK with double the treatment course, this can't be beat. The expiration for the tubes I received was in October of 2017, so plenty of potency time.
Probably Not Strong Enough for Chronic Jock Itch
April 1, 2015
I wish it had worked for me, I really do. After 4 weeks of treatment, it finally seemed to cure my jock itch, which would return the next month. I've bought 3 more bottles and end up using all three for a month. It takes a long time to work, and then it just comes back later. I've had jock itch on and off for years, and it's probably time I bite the bullet and head to the doctor, because nothing seems to work.
January 6, 2017
Seems to work OK.
March 13, 2015
Did not help eliminate jock itch. Helped to some extent per husband.
March 10, 2015
Works, but it has a bit of a weird smell that the Walgreens brand didn't have.
The Equate Brand I previously bought at WalMart was better, but with this price
February 1, 2015
The Equate Brand I previously bought at WalMart was better, but with this price, it still makes sense to purchase this. This has a less dense, more watery texture than Equate.
January 1, 2015
IMHO this doesn't work as well as MIconazole product.
Two Star Reviews:
I used buckets of this but it didn't work at ...
May 4, 2017
I used buckets of this but it didn't work at all. Switched to Terbinafine Hydrochloride which cleared things up right away.
December 18, 2016
November 27, 2016
Is not as effective as I had imagined. I could potentially see 15-20 tubes working to cure someone with athlete's foot(of 5 years), like myself.
September 1, 2016
Nope, didnt help my problem.
The ringworm got WORSE with this
June 9, 2016
Did not work at all for ringworm. The ringworm got WORSE with this.
August 23, 2017
No affect on athlete's foot.
Tinactin is better in my case
August 5, 2017
My goal is clearing under toenail fungus. I chose Tolnaftate as a cheaper substitute for Tinactin, thinking it was the same chemistry. Not so in my instance. Tinactin is better in my case. If you also have this toenail issue, clip as much of effected area possible scrub with a brush every couple days when showering. Apply Tinactin every day when dressing. It has taken me almost half a year to make this problem almost go away.
Try something else
March 19, 2017
Did not work.
Not a good buy
September 29, 2016
Ordered several tubes for my husband who uses tolnaftate for his feet every day. I chose this product because of the price. I ended up throwing them away. My husband said they don't work. He used them for 3 weeks but did not get the result he expected. He prefers Equate tolnaftate which could be bought at Walmart. He said it's priced fairly and it works well.
Didn't work for me
December 7, 2015
I tried using this for a fungal skin infection; it had no more effect than Vaseline would have. I suppose different infections may respond differently to different medications, but this was no use to me.
One Star Reviews:
Not my first choice
March 29, 2017
Not the best on the market for the price. Has not effectively done the job intended
August 16, 2016
Didnt work at all for me.
July 28, 2016
Didn't work. Finally got rid of ring worm with EOs Lavender and tea tree. Also used pine gum salve.
For my hand eczema it made it worse because it added for blisters
May 11, 2016
For my hand eczema it made it worse because it added for blisters. Don't buy for hand eczema, go see your doctor or go to a urgent care and they will prescribe something 10times better than this.
Waste of $
July 12, 2015
Didn't work for me. My 12yr past pull date Lotromin (sp), does. Guess I have the wrong type of fungus. Is there a right type of fungus to have?
Horrible smell, bad product
August 3, 2017
Worst product I ever purchased. Smells like automotive grease. Made in S. Korea, I should have known. Disappointed that Amazon didn't do its homework on this one. Threw all six in the trash.
Buy another brand.
February 26, 2017
Tried this OTC generic and found it didn't work at all.
Didn't Work for Me.
July 9, 2016
Not very effective.
SAVE YOUR MONEY
December 1, 2015
This stuff unfortunately doesn't work and by the time I tried this item I couldn't send back for replacement. Spend a few more dollars and get a better product.
I use the tinactin brand powder and am fine. This generic cream version did not work for ...
December 30, 2014
I use the tinactin brand powder and am fine. This generic cream version did not work for me. I think I must be allergic to one of the inactive ingredients. After applying, my rash worsened. It was rather quick so I am thinking an allergic reaction.
Vote for Me
Vote for Me
$6.10updated: Oct 21, 2017
$11.13updated: Oct 21, 2017
Health and Beauty
Health and Beauty
Do not use on children 2 years of age except under the advice and supervision of a doctor. For external use only. When using this product avoid contact with the eyes. Stop use and contact a doctor if irritation occurs or there is no improvement within 4
Number of Items
Number of Items
Number of Parts
Number of Parts
Health and Beauty
Active ingredient: 1% Clotrimazole
Compares to the active ingredients of Lotrimin
(3) 1 oz tubes = Save money
Cures most athletes foot, jock itch, and ringworm
You will receive 6 of the big 1 oz tubes.
Relieves itching and burning.
Compare to the active ingredient of Tinactin.
Cures most Athlete's foot.